Reading fellow bloggers’ new years resolutions and goals has been inspiring and thought-provoking. I don’t tend to set New Year’s Resolutions because I rarely have the self-discipline to follow through with them. I don’t want to disappoint myself by falling short of my own expectations. I’d rather surprise myself by having a blank list first, then do something cool and awesome, write it down, and scribble a line through it indicating, “done”!
So, this isn’t a list per se, because I’m not an organized person, and I like my days to flow with little planning. I really loathe planning. Someday I want a vacation where we pack our bags, a tent, wad of cash, and just DRIVE. This makes me sound entirely noncommittal…and I own up to that. I know I am!
So, here’s my Non-list List for 2015:
- Be a more intentional mother; recently Story said
- Mom I’ll give you $100 if you listen to me, and it ripped my heart out!
- Teach my kids about Christ, and love, and beauty and redemption; I have to teach not just befriend
- Smile more
- Embrace grace
- Research and purchase and use essential oils
- Speak life into people, including myself
- Hug people more often
- Look for the joy
- Read Scripture daily
- Find a full time job that is fulfilling
- Do life-enriching activities like exercise, being outside, art/crafting, new cuisine, making new friends
- Stop being so self conscious with low self esteem
- Stop apologizing for being the way God created me to be (a very feeling, sensitive, passionate person)
- Stop painting my life as an irrecoverable mess; it may be a mess, but all is not lost. We are all BEAUTIFUL messes
- Stop wearing my heart on my sleeve. Yes, I have grown a bit calloused from heartache and pain experience in 2013-2014 (this sounds terrible but I’m so GLAD those years are OVER). I am learning to reign in my emotions and only show those deep parts of my heart to people who have earned my trust
- Do some mega mondo gut-wrenching forgiving
- Let the wind blow through my hair
- Love my body
- Get another tattoo representing endurance, strength, honor, grace, beauty, nurturing, rising, empowerment, inspiration, survival
- Continue being positive and optimistic
- Get some baby books printed off through Shutterfly
Instead of 2015 “having me,” like the past 2 years have, I will have it! It is a gift I mean to treasure and live to the fullest. Those empty places in my heart will just have to catch up. I won’t wallow.